Monday, April 14, 2008

Things that Happen

Things that have happened since I last visited this blog. I have 17 baby angora goats on the ground and running all over the barn. Only one bottle baby so far.



The weather has been warm and the tree swallows and barn swallows are back. The birds are carrying feathers and fiber in their beck in order to build their nest. Charlie.the cat, is making notes on the location of each nest.



Our pond is full of bass and blue gill and I have been fishing. Bert's daughter Diann was here and we fried the fish but the best was the stock we made from the heads, bones and tails. I made a fabulous soup from it- Mushrooms, couscous, garlic, rice vinegar and two kinds of cheese that with the home made bread from my friend Abby --What a meal!!



One of the most fun things I did was join Raverly, a knitting and crocheting community with lots of fun groups. Oh, Yes, I am working on a new hooked piece, socks [always] and a sweater. More about that later.



And in my spare time I have read several wonderful books-- the book thief , and Mudbound to mention two of my favorites.





Sunday, my friend Marijke and I went to the Kennedy Center opera. Rigoletto was wonderful.

No comments: